History and Purpose of the RCA
The Rockville Community Alliance (RCA) is a group made up of concerned citizens dedicated to improving the Greater Rockville community. The RCA meets monthly, the last Tuesday of the month.
Over 20 years ago: started out as the “Six Street Block Watch” in downtown Rockville, CT. The group met for the purpose of improving relationships, opening lines of communications among neighbors and tackling neighborhood beautification projects that benefit the entire community.
Since the beginning, a strong relationship was developed between the all-volunteer group and the Vernon Police Department. Both work toward improving the “Quality of Life” for the residents in the town. Vernon’s Community Police Officer is committed to working closely with the RCA to achieve mutual goals of having a better and safer community.
Now the RCA also has developed a strong partnership with the Vernon Community Network (VCN) – a collaborative that connects all of the social service agencies working within the Town of Vernon, CT. The partnership is highly evident especially for National Night Out and the Neighborhood Advocate Program.
Additional members and volunteers are being sought, for occasional assistance with events and festivals, and for longer commitments as board members are always welcome.
Anyone can be a sponsor–local residents, groups, local merchants–for some or all of our activities
On-going Activities in 2015:
- “Miss Greater Rockville Scholarship Organization” – March 7th 2015, (snowdate of March 8th) at the Vernon Center Middle School.
- “Spring Fling Fair” – Partnering with the Maple Street School PTO to assist with their annual community-wide Fair, each May.
- “July in the Sky” – Downtown Rockville – July 1st (rain date July 2nd); partnering with the Vernon Parks and Rec. Dept. who sponsors the event. Includes entertainment, food and game booths in the downtown Rockville area before the annual town fireworks.
- “National Night Out” – Tuesday, August 4, partnering with the Vernon Community Network (VCN) and Target Stores (Manchester); free food and entertainment/activities, local agencies will have information booths.
- “Rockville Festival” – Saturday, September 26, 10 am – 3 pm (rain date of Sept 27, 11 am – 4 pm); Car Show co-sponsored with Tri-Town Cruzers and the Ready-Set-Baby Fair co-sponsored with the Vernon School Readiness Council.
- “WinterFest” – events throughout December; partnering with Vernon Parks and Rec. Dept. to promote seasonal and holiday events on weekends. The Holiday Decorating Contest is open to all Vernon residents and businesses.
For more information on participating in any of these events, please contact:
RCA Event Coordinator: Tom DiDio (860)646-5320 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
RCA President: Jim Sendrak (860)871-8129 or at email@example.com
RCA Publicity contact person: Pam DiDio (860)646-5320, firstname.lastname@example.org, 112 Box Mountain Drive, Vernon, CT 06066
Miss Greater Rockville Scholarship Organization: Teri Rogers email@example.com
- Jim Sendrak – President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benjamin Klimczak – Vice President email@example.com
- Pamela DiDio – Secretary
- Lisa Perry – Neighborhood Advocate Coordinator
- Donald Fontanella – Treasurer
- Bryan Flint – Membership Chairperson BryanFlint@aol.com
- T/B/D …Communications/Public Relations Officer
The RCA was recently granted 501 (c) (3) status by the IRS.
Past RCA Presidents
Bryan Flint, Sr.
Contact us at:
Rockville Community Alliance
PO Box 45
Vernon-Rockville, CT, 06066
For information regarding the Neighborhood Advocate Program please write to: NA@RockvilleCommunityAlliance.org